Photography course for beginners masterclass. Perfect for all photography levels: Beginner – Advanced. DSLR photography
- Don’t take my word for it… You will learn why students love this course… just read the testimonials below.
- You will learn photography by doing… projects included to help you learn photography faster = satisfied photography student!
- You will learn how to use your camera, capture Light for your creative vision, use Composition to take your creativity up a notch, and much more = Awesome photos your family and friends will be wowed by!
- You will learn how to ditch Auto & shoot in Manual Mode = impress your family & friends
- You will learn what an Aperture is and how to use it for your creative vision = awesome photography your family and friends will be envious of.
- You will learn what the Shutter Speed is AND how to use it for your creative vision = awesome photography your family and friends will be envious of.
- You will learn what the ISO is AND how to use it for your creative vision = awesome photography your family and friends will be envious of.
- You will learn the Exposure Triangle and it’s limitations
- You will learn the missing element in the Exposure Triangle
- You will learn the accurate and technical aspects of ISO = impress your family + friends
- You will learn 2 analogies to better understand Exposure = clarity about capturing the proper exposure in-camera
- You will learn about the built in light meter (in your camera) = fast, accurate, perfect exposures in-camera
- You will learn about the exposure indicator scale and how to use for getting a good exposure = take your creative vision to the next level
- You will learn the 15 steps to take to setup your photography business = taught by a 30 year photography pro!
- A DSLR will be best. However, a lot of the knowledge can be applied to any type of camera… included smart phones.
- A desire to learn the craft of photography. This isn’t a snapshot course. You’ll need to practice what you learn.
Photography course for beginners masterclass. Perfect for all photography levels: Beginner – Advanced. DSLR photography.
Why should you take this photography course vs. others? Well, let my students tell you why…
///// WOW! This first testimonial (for this photography course) gave me goosebumps…
“I found that this photography course is quite in-depth for what I need at this point in time. I have now got a new found love for taking photos. Everywhere I go my camera goes and I am always looking at everything and anything from different angles to take a pic of.
I never thought I would say this, but I now think that I want to start a photography business. I have always wanted to do something that I enjoy but have never found it, doing this photography course has made me see the light. It won’t happen right away as I have much more to learn but it will happen and I will enjoy it.
Thank you so much, Chris, for what you have taught many of us including me. You have made a massive impact on my life with what I have learned and now enjoy.“
~ Kelly Tait
“Chris Parker is very easy to understand. He clearly explains difficult concepts with real-life comparisons. He organized this photography course very well and uses excellent visual aids and provides beautifully designed handouts to download. There is no wasted time in this course.
Sometimes instructors ramble on, but not Chris. It is obvious he put a lot of thought into what he wanted to cover in each section. He stays on track and is engaging. He responds very quickly to QA section. He is very professional.”
~ Dawn Lundblad
“This is a great photography course whether you are a beginner or a semi beginner with some knowledge just needing a refresher course. It has lots of information not only provided but more importantly it is explained.”
~ David Cangiolisi
“It is going to help me tremendously. Already understanding things now that I couldn’t before. YEAH!”
~ Sheryl Sullivan
“I enjoyed Chris Parker’s Photography 101 course. While I do not consider myself a beginner, I did want to take a refresher and review some basic concepts that I never truly understood.
Mr. Parker is a great instructor as he explains and illustrates the basic principles of photography clearly and concisely.
I learned so much and gained the confidence to shoot if full manual mode. I look forward to taking more of his courses in the future!”
~ Joan DeMarco
“The best explanation I have ever had! The best lesson!” ?
~ Kenny Chun
“I like the level of depth he goes into but also explains it clearly not assuming prior knowledge.”
~ Ben Rae
“This is a great photography course whether you are a beginner or a semi-beginner with some knowledge just needing a refresher course.
It has lots of information not only provided but more importantly it is explained. Chris Parker made this course / lesson not only easy to follow and understand but very educational. It kept your interest all through the entire course.”
~ David Cangiolosi
Hello & welcome to my Photography 101 for beginners and aspiring pros.
My name is Chris Parker and I’ve been a pro photographer for 30 years. Take your photography skills to the next level and take better photos with this photography 101 course.
- Photography is an art form and you’ll learn the secret to taking better photos, every time. Learn from a 30 year photography pro and discover my creative process for capturing stunning images.
- It doesn’t matter what type of photography you’re interested in.
- The photography techniques you’ll learn can be applied to any type of photography; landscape, weddings, newborn, commercial, product, food, portrait photography and much more.
- Or maybe you just want to be able to take better photos on your next vacation? You definitely will, once you learn the exact techniques I use.
- Plus, you’ll learn real-world advice for deciding on the approach you want for YOUR creative vision. Watch in-studio and on-location photography shoots and see my creative process in action… and I explain everything during the process too. We’ll then study the images to help re-enforce what you learn.
Here’s a (huge) list of all things you’ll learn…
- Photography DSLR FUNdamentals. Fundamentals don’t have to be boring. Understanding the fundamentals is key for a solid foundation in building your photography skills.
- Get ready to take your photography skills to the next level with Exposure. In part 1, you’ll learn the basics of each component that makes up the exposure. You’ll even learn something that is being mis-taught by other instructors.
- In part 2 of exposure, we’ll take a deep dive into the Aperture. Includes in-depth explanations to help you finally understand Aperture and all those pesky numbers. You’ll finally know which Aperture does what for your creative vision.
- In part 3 of exposure, we’ll now take a deep dive into the Shutter Speed. You’ll learn the creative options this camera setting provides, when to use a tripod (to avoid camera shake), how to freeze the action or create silky smooth water.
- In part 4 of exposure, we’ll explore the ISO. You’ll learn all about the good and bad of this camera setting, how it actually works and when you might need to adjust this camera setting.
- The next two tutorials include my secret weapon and an often overlooked camera setting. You’ll learn how to use the secret weapon for perfect exposures. Which means you’ll be able to take back creative control from your camera and manually set your settings for the exact type of photo you want. Simple and easy with this tool. Guaranteed. Next, you’ll learn how to see light in a way you’ve never done before. This too will help you creatively and save you time while editing in Lightroom or Photoshop (or any other software).
- Next, we’ll take all that information and bring it together in a live studio demonstration. We’ll go over every camera setting we’ve learned and trouble shoot how to choose which one. Then, we’ll bring those photos into Lightroom to see how our selections effect the creative outcome. Plus, I’ll share additional photography examples of what you learned.
- It’s now time to venture outside for another photography demonstration. I’ll share with you my creative decision process for choosing specific camera settings. We’ll then bring those images into Lightroom for comparison.
- Finally, you’ll learn how I edit images in Lightroom. Plus, we’ll take one of the outdoor shots and do a complete Classic Edit. Plus, I’ll provide some additional pro editing tips too.
And you’ll learn much more in this photography course…
Get to know your camera…
- Getting to know the basics of your camera
- Focusing Modes – which ones to use and why
- Shooting Modes – which ones to use and why
- Drive Modes – when and why to use which ones
- Quality Modes – what they are and my recommend mode
- Metering Modes – the basics (explained in detail in the Exposure section)
- White Balance – what it is and my recommendation
Get to know your photography lenses…
- New vs. Old – should you buy new or used? Find out.
- Off Brand vs. Name Brand – should you buy name brand or Sigma, Tamron, etc..? Find out.
- Parts of lenses – the different parts of your lens
- Focal length – learn what it is
- When to use which lens – learn to use which focal length when
- Cropped sensor – learn what it is and how to determine which lens to buy
- Types of lenses – learn the different types of lenses
- Prime lenses – learn why this is my favorite type of lens
- Zoom lenses – learn about the different types of zoom lenses
- Macro lenses – learn which one you should buy and why
- Fish eye lenses – learn why I returned this lens
- Tilt/Shift lenses – learn how to use this lens for creativity and/or for architecture
- Lens Baby lenses – learn about this cool, creative lens option
Master & understand light…
- What is light & where does it come from
- Do you really know what light is?
- Visible light spectrum
- How your eyes see things and how they have color
- How your eyes see light vs. your camera
- The 3 behaviors of light
- Tones & dynamic ranges
- HDR photography basics
- Understand the 4 types of contrast
- Learn the 4 characteristics of light
Master your camera settings to ditch auto & shoot manually…
- Learn the exposure triangle and the missing element
- Master aperture for full creative control
- Master shutter speed for another creative option
- Truly understand and master ISO for achieving your creative vision
- Understand exposure and why it’s important to nail in-camera
- Learn 2 analogies (better than the exposure triangle) to help you master the 3 camera settings to shoot manually
- Learn a built-in (in your camera) secret tool to help you shoot manually and nail your exposure in-camera
- Learn about the exposure value and how to use for perfect exposures
- Learn what composition is and means
- Learn how to improve your photography with pro composition techniques
- Learn what the “rule of thirds” is and how to use it for better compositions
- the different elements that help with composition
- Aspect Ratio essentials
- the 7 “Ingredients” of Composition
- and much more
I’ll share with you everything you need to know about shooting manually. By the end of this course, you’ll be able to ditch Auto and shoot in Manual Mode.
This photography course will start off with the basics of photography; Understanding the Exposure Triangle. We’ll also go beyond the “triangle” and learn about it’s limitations and why it’s so complicated.
Next up, learning about what an Aperture is, Shutter Speed and (the accurate and semi-technical – that most people don’t teach – explanation of) ISO.
Then, you’ll learn an easier way to understand (photography) Exposure (say good-bye to the Exposure Triangle) with 2 different analogies. At this point, you’ll almost be ready to start shooting manually.
But first, you’ll learn about a cool tool in your camera – the Light Meter. Plus, you’ll learn about the Exposure Indicator (and EV). Both will help you nail your Exposure in-camera. Which will help elevate your photography skills to the next level.
Once you’ve reached this point of the photography course, you’ll begin practicing what you’ve learned: in Manual Mode!
Throughout this photography classroom, there will be additional projects and supporting documents to help you understand (and retain) what you’ve learned about taking awesome photos.
Photography course for photography beginners & aspiring pros. Learn full creative photography control from a pro.
- New + advanced photographers that want to learn how to properly set Exposure… in-camera, i.e., how to shoot in manual mode for full creative control.
- New + advanced photographers that would like to learn the Exposure Triangle, and it’s limitations.
- New + advanced photographers that would like to learn an alternative to the Exposure Triangle
- New + advanced photographers that would like to ditch Auto & shoot in Manual Mode
- New + advanced photographers that would like to elevate their photography skills
- New + advanced + advanced photographers that would like to be MORE than just another photographer
- New + advanced photographers that would like to master Aperture, Shutter Speed & ISO for maximum creativity
|Section 1: Introduction|
|Common sizes of Photographic Plates||01:00:00|
|Section 2: Light Photography|
|Exposure and Rendering||00:30:00|
|First Camera Photography||00:22:00|
|Section 3: Conclusion|
|Future of Photography||00:20:00|
|Final Quiz for the course||00:10:00|
No Reviews found for this course.